Search This Blog

Thursday 11 February 2016

The Sun Has Got His Hat On

Today and yesterday have been truly remarkable, for this winter.   Not only is it not raining, the sun is shining.

Here is a picture of the TV screen image from one our four video cameras around the top of the tower.  

click to enlarge

Not only is it a hugely welcome sight of the sunshine it well illustrates the remarkable pictures that can be had from the latest security cameras.   Today's hand held cameras can take amazing pictures of TV screens too.   I learnt this trick from Craven Herald photographer Stephen Garnett.   I had a picture he wanted on my computer and I said I would e-mail it to him.   "No bother" he said.  "I'll just take a pic of your screen".   He did and it worked.

The hills on the skyline are the Bowland Fells - in the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - in Lancashire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.