Search This Blog

Saturday 14 May 2016

I'm a(n) Historian

Some weeks ago I agreed to do a talk about the S&C at Settle Library.   Locally, that's the Big Time.   Apart from putting it in the diary I quite forgot about it so was alarmed to see this cropping up all over the (local) social media and on noticeboards:

click to enlarge

Particularly alarming was my billing as a 'historian'.   Pedants call it AN historian, out of respect for the H.

I lay claim to many well deserved descriptions but historian is not one of them.   I cannot now recall if history was among my 8 O Levels but I rather think it was not.   Leeds Grammar School, anxious to maintain its batting averages, may not have entered me for history - so disinterested was I in dates, kings, queens and monasteries.

Anyway, I think I got away with it at Settle Library.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.